A filling or restoration is designed to restore a tooth to its normal form, function and feel. Teeth may need restorations for a number of reasons, including:
- Carries, or decay due to harmful bacteria
- Fractures or cracks
- ”Leaking” or defective old restorations
- Poorly contoured fillings
- Uncomfortable disharmonious bite
- Cosmetic wishes of the patient
There are many different esthetic filling materials available, each with their own properties and benefits. Our doctors are experts in dental materials and their properties, and will decide with you what material is best for your individual situation.